Subject: gdb-internal-error: virtual memory exhausted
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/16/2005 09:38:51
$ uname -a
NetBSD u10 2.99.16 NetBSD 2.99.16 (GENERIC) #1: Mon Mar 14 13:33:21 UTC
2005  root@u10:/opt/obj.sparc64/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC sparc64

Greetings, I was trying to build www/firefox on netbsd-current (64-bit
kernel and userland), but it kept terminating with "Bus error" and
dumping core. So before submitting a PR I decided to build it with
debugging symbols and look a bit deeper into it. The problem is when I
run gdb on the core dump, it stops with:

/opt/src/gnu/dist/gdb/gdb/utils.c:981: gdb-internal-error: virtual
memory exhausted: can't allocate 11640336 bytes.

An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
debugging unreliable.  Quit this debugging session? (y or n)

I'm not sure if this is sparc64 specific or gdb needs to be told to use
more memory. What do you think?