Subject: Re: Adaptec 2940UW flashed for Mac on an Ultra5
To: NetBSD Port Sparc64 <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/12/2005 11:02:45
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:07:53 -0500, Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net> wrote:

> > >I have a way to get this working, but it involves a soldering iron,
> > >and I need an image of the 2940UW/OF ROM code.
> > >
> > >I've been trying for a couple years to get that ROM image, but so far,
> > >no luck...
> > >
> > >Still looking

Am I the only one with a Sun/OF 2940UW around? if not... anybody know
how I might convince the eeprom (or fdump) utilities that come with
Adaptec's little firmware package (to backup the ROM) to backup 128K?
I've only been able to pull 64K off mine. I notice that the "eeprom"
utility on the adaptec disk takes a size argument... but the actual
update script uses "flash4.exe" not "eeprom.exe" so I'm not sure what
to do with that.

As I said to George in private mail, I'll give it another try either
later today or tomorrow, but any hints would be greatly appreciated.

--
Sean