Subject: Re: NetBSD Sparc64 SMP
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/23/2005 09:24:40
On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:14:56PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> So I have to ask, what can
> the user community do to move SMP development forward?

Honestly I don't know, if you define "user comunity" as people not able
to debug kernel issues.

> So what
> would motivate the Powers That Be to take some time away from other
> projects, sleep, etc., to hack on this?

I can't speak for "the Powers That Be", but it's not like SMP is ignored.
It just happened to not be the #1 thing on anyones todo list - and please
understand that priorities are different for different people.
(I'll leave out the standard volunteer project rant here)

The point is, that we have important other things done or nearly done now.
So it will be a good time for SMP improvements soon. Hopefully.

Martin