Subject: Re: NetBSD Sparc64 SMP
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/22/2005 23:09:22
On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:46:47PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Martin Husemann wrote:
> >This is not true. The code is in the tree but noone sent patches to fix the
> >remaining bugs. Send-pr is your friend.
>
> So what we need are testers that dare to boot up NetBSD kernels with
> MULTIPROCESSOR compiled in, preferably on UltraSPARC II machines for a
> start?
I can use a 220R and an E250 (2xUltraSPARC II/400MHz, 2GB RAM) for such
"games", maybe an E450 later this year.

> Is there anything going for USIII support?
When (if) there is something going for USIII, there is this v210 (USIIIi)
and an SB1000 w/ 2xUSIII/600 (this is a pre-series machine w/ processors
not able to run at the normal speed of 750MHz. Not shure about the cache
size...)

You can count me in for testing whatever there is/will be for MP-Sparc.
Just mail me what testing is needed...

-Kurt