Subject: Re: YP/NIS not working
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/14/2005 12:25:06
Thanks for all the help folks.  I have NIS/YP running now.

Had a slight problem in logging in once I had it setup which turned out
to be an issue with /etc/shells (bash is in /usr/pkg/bin on NetBSD and /bin on
Solaris).

The other issue I had was that I had to comment out the "compat" related
entries, and put the following in my /etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd:  files nis
group:     files nis

That works much better.  I certainly don't like having entries saying that I'm
an "Illegal user" :-)

Now are their certain standards/guidelines for submitting something to the
NetBSD Guide ?  And who do I submit it to ?

cheers,

       mehul