Subject: Re: Can't boot new kernel built with toolchain in 2.0 ISO (sparc64)
To: FatBoy <fatboy@homesys.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/07/2005 22:11:02
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:59:01PM -0600, FatBoy wrote:
> The /ofwboot that I am using is the one that came with the NetBSD 2.0
> ISOs -- the install on this box was fresh (i.e. not an upgrade from 1.6)

OK, then it should really work.

> Also, the /ofwboot that is on the box has no problem booting the GENERIC
> kernel included in the kernels.tgz in the ISO, it just can't boot the
> kernels that I've built.

Weird.  This is some other issue than what I saw (I had an 1.6.2 /ofwboot
on the system).

> This issue has me kinda befuddled -- I'm thinking about setting up a
> netboot environment on one of my other systems to allow me to easily
> play with new compiles of ofwboot.net.  I've located the section of
> ofwboot where its blowing up, but don't have the environment to debug
> while avoiding fubar'ing the box.
>
> Any further thoughts?

Unfortunately, no.  I don't have *such* fundamental understanding of
sparc64 internals, just thought it might be the same thing I saw.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de