Subject: Re: Can't boot new kernel built with toolchain in 2.0 ISO (sparc64)
To: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
From: FatBoy <fatboy@homesys.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/07/2005 14:59:01
Hi Gert,

The /ofwboot that I am using is the one that came with the NetBSD 2.0
ISOs -- the install on this box was fresh (i.e. not an upgrade from 1.6)

Also, the /ofwboot that is on the box has no problem booting the GENERIC
kernel included in the kernels.tgz in the ISO, it just can't boot the
kernels that I've built.

This issue has me kinda befuddled -- I'm thinking about setting up a
netboot environment on one of my other systems to allow me to easily
play with new compiles of ofwboot.net.  I've located the section of
ofwboot where its blowing up, but don't have the environment to debug
while avoiding fubar'ing the box.

Any further thoughts?

Jonathan Sadler