Subject: Re: Ultra 5 / 2.0 / panic: lockmgr: no context
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/12/2005 12:03:15
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:35:07AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > so, what to try next?
>
> Hum. FYI, I had a U5/400Mhz panicing in weird ways. initially I suspected
> memory, but the panic stopped when I reseated the CPU module. It's stable
> since then (it's building binary packages). But I also had wierd messages
> from the OFW, such as "RED state exeption".

No "RED state" errors here, and the machine hasn't been physically moved
recently.  So if it's CPU/RAM, then something is going bad :-/ - I have
a spare CPU module that I could test with, but I'm reluctant to fiddle
with these, as I've managed to badly bend a few socket pins when I last
changed one...

OTOH the fact that it always happens in the middle of the night *could*
be related to temperature or moisture changes (it's not an air-conditioned
machine room, just a room in the basement).  Hmmm.  I don't hope that it's
something ugly like this...

Hmmm.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/