Subject: automatic reboot of kernel panic ?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/06/2005 10:50:59
Hi,

I would like to run my $HOME services (FW, NAT, WWW, SMTP) on my Ultra5
but it is far from stable... It goes to db> really often (about once per
week). As it is my personal things, I could accept one reboot per
week... But when the machine is on db>, the only way to reboot it is to
use the "reboot" command on the console (which is not accessible when
I'm at work ;)

So, is it possible to tell NetBSD kernel (or PROM) to not let the
machine in db> mode and to reboot automatically when kernel crashes ?

While I'm at it, is it possible to get console output when nothing is
plugged on the console port ? I mean, as I don't have room to have
another machine sticked on the console port with minicom/cu running, it
may be nice that console output be directed to some file. Anything like
"tail -f /dev/tty00 | tee console.txt" would work ?

TIA,
	Jo
--
,-- This mail runs ---------.