Subject: Re: hardware recommendations (IR and Video Out)
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/14/2004 06:55:43
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 06:44:31PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:
> Brian Hechinger said:
>
> >well, it would be getting all the movies and such via NFS, so i'm not
> >worried about the onboard IDE, as as to noise, well, there is nothing
> >says i can't netboot it and remove a couple fans or get quieter fans. :)
>
> Or you could pick up a Symbios SCSI controller and a SCSI drive.
> Boots and works just fine in a U5. NetBSD 2.0_BETA

ok, this is a good conversation, don't get me wrong, but i already know what
scsi and ide controllers i can use.  ;)

what i *need* to know is about S-Video Out!  can i just pick up something
like a low end ATI Rage with S-Video out and use that even though it doesn't
work with X?  (i'm assuming it doesn't since most cards don't?)

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."