Subject: Re: Display / Keyboard problems?
To: Konrad Neitzel <neitzel@neitzel.de>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/04/2004 16:16:01
Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 01:44:32PM +0200, Konrad Neitzel:
> Hi All,
>
> sorry, that I have to bother you again, but I ran into some more problems.
>
> Now I got also a Ultra 60 that was used as a server before (Booting over
> network with a console connected to it or something like that).
>
> I can start it and I get a Message of OpenBoot on my display. But then
> nothing happens and STOP A didn't get me to my OK Pronpt.
>
> At startup I can press STOP N to reset values. He does it (Message tells
> it to me, before I get the OpenBoot Message. After that, I have the same
> as above: I see the testing of Memmory and then nothing more. STOP A
> doesn't do anything.
>
> I can get to a OK promt:
> When starting the System, the LEDs of the keyboard blinks once ... after
> a short while, they blink again ... and then a third time ... I can
> press STOP A now and get to a OK Prompt.

these sequences of blinking have meaning.  you will have google for the
chart (find the ultra 60 service manual).  also, try connecting a terminal
to tta, power-off, hold stop-D and power-on (as you did for stop-N).  you
should get diag POST output on ttya; seems like it might be repeatedly
resetting itself.