Subject: problem compiling gnustep
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Mehul N. Sanghvi <msanghvi@quallaby.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/16/2004 11:49:12
'allo,

     I was trying to compile GNUstep on my Ultra2/NetBSD 2.0RC4 system
and ran into compilation problems with a dependency.  The dependency is
devel/ffcall and here is the error message that I get:

avcall-sparc64.s: Assembler messages:
avcall-sparc64.s:26: Error: Illegal operands
avcall-sparc64.s:32: Error: Illegal operands
avcall-sparc64.s:38: Error: Illegal operands
avcall-sparc64.s:44: Error: Illegal operands
avcall-sparc64.s:50: Error: Illegal operands
.
.
.
avcall-sparc64.s:218: Error: Illegal operands

This is in the

    devel/ffcall/work/ffcall-1.0/avcall/avcall-sparc64.s

file which is a SPARC assembly language file.  I have no clue about
assembly language, but all the lines referenced in the error messages
are of the form:

     ld 72(%i0),%f1

      or

     ldd 192(%i0),%f30

  The %i0 remains the same in all the messages as far as I can tell,
and the %f changes.

Any help or pointers to the right people for this would be appreciated.
I am using the pkgsrc 2004Q3 tree which I updated at the end of last
week i.e. 2004-11-12.

cheers,

      mehul