Subject: Re: New snapshot available
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/10/2004 22:16:22
On Nov 10, 2004, at 7:46 PM, john heasley wrote:

> no, sorry.  once I swapped the 36g drive with an 18g, the max
> supposedly
> supported according to sun docs, it stopped taking the trap.

Odd.  I've got 18 GB drives.  Same model, in fact <IBM, DXHS18Y, 0430>.
  And it never has this Trap 3e problem when booting from disk1.  Only
from disk.  Same jumpers and everything.

>> Also any thoughts on why files disappear in this latest snapshot?
>
> no, that has never happened to me, including with a kernel from this
> past friday.

Huh.  I guess I can try again.  It's a bit frustrating, since I can't
really use a -current kernel (I even see it with a 2.0 userland).  Any
suggestions on what to look for to start debuging it?

TIA,
   -- MW