Subject: Re: -current very unstable on Ultra10 (fwd)
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/30/2004 14:47:24
On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:34:20PM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:
> But more than just these crashes, the system seemed very unstable
> otherwise, too: userland programs kept crashing, but more or
> less predictably to rule out faulty memory. For example sh
> crashes always in the same place during perl 5.8 config, but
> the core gives slightly different traces each time.

I just build perl-5.8.1nb1 on a machine running a few days old -current kernel,
but userland from september:

[/usr/pkgsrc/lang/perl58] martin@nelly > uname -a
NetBSD nelly.aprisoft.de 2.99.10 NetBSD 2.99.10 (NELLY) #0: Tue Oct 19 09:07:19 CEST 2004  martin@nelly.aprisoft.de:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/NELLY sparc64

Perl configured just fine. I'll update and see if -current /bin/sh has
problems.

Please file a PR!.

Martin