Subject: Re: RC4 Release ISO (not hybrid) available
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/29/2004 20:39:19
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 08:12:14PM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> ":f", however the ISO output from mkisofs(1) required that I specify the
> ":b"  parition to boot it. ... Ie., "boot cdrom:b" ...

Background:
Sun boot proms use a seperate partition for each architecture to allow
multi-arch boot CDs. The ultra uses partition f by default.

> I will add notes about using mkisofs's -B flag/switch to my final draft
> with a <note> about opb changes required.

I probably missed the start of this thread - what's wrong with the
sunbootcd.sh variant? It even works when crosscompiling.

Besides that, a PR should be filed with whoever owns mkisofs nowadays and
make them fix the generated sunlabel for -B on sparc64 (which is realy easy
todo).

Martin