Subject: Re: bus Error (core dump) when runing BitchX
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Luc Martineau <lpmartineau@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/27/2004 18:45:41
Hello,

in order to get the Core dump this is what happens...
cd /usr/pkg/bin/
./BitchX-1.0c19

it opens BitchX and connects to irc.prison.net (I
tried multiple servers)
it logs onto the server, works GREAT,
I can do /whois mynick and it coms up fine
I can do lists ETC it all works

when I join a channel is where I get the problem...
*** luma_
[~luma@CPE00503ee3ffe1-CM0011aea1c0c2.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com]
has
          joined #luma

*** [Users(#luma:1)]

[@luma_     ]

 [06:36pm][luma_(+iw)] [#luma]

 [Lag  0] [O/0 N/0 I/0 V/0 F/0]
             [U:a:S:b:h]
[#luma] Bus error

lumaunxsvr: {9}

----
if I was to be loged on as root (I HATE to do this but
I triend it on a friends public server) it gives me
Bus Error (Core Dump)

here is how I installed BitchX.....

downloaded pkgsrc.tar.gz
exracted it to /usr
went to /usr/pkgsrc/chat/bitchx
make
make install

it took a LONG time as it downloaded perl and ssl.

here is something else I tried...
downloaded the Source from BitchX website
extracted it
./configure
gmake
gmake install

this one does not give me a core dump but the font is
all screwed up. only way to describe is using this
screenshot...
http://www.vwss.ca/bitchxputty.JPG

I tried telnet and putty with SSH

no go