Subject: Re: Shutdown by pressing one key
To: Michael Gerhards <HM-Gerhards@uni.de>
From: Philip Jensen <philip.jensen@solnetsolutions.co.nz>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/05/2004 08:01:05
Perhaps I have missed the point here, but I'll make a couple of comments:-

1) With Solaris installed on, for example, an Ultra 5 pressing the power
button initiates a proper shutdown (e.g. equivalent to running poweroff
at the command line of a shell prompt).

2) Linux often has a config in the /etc/inittab which allows a shutdown
by pressing [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Delete]:-
/etc/inittab
-------8<-------8<--------
# What to do at the "Three Finger Salute".
#ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t5 -r now
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/poweroff
-------8<-------8<--------

So is there anyway to either support the first option with NetBSD, or
allow the second option with NetBSD?

cheers
Phil J

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster@solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of SolNet Solutions Ltd.