Subject: Re: NetBSD v2.0_RC1, successfully installed on 420R
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Gerhards <HM-Gerhards@uni.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/03/2004 21:19:18
sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:

> Sounds good, however I wouldn't use sparc64 port on production servers.
> I tried to get the recent NetBSD-2.x going on my Ultra10, but whenever I
> put excess load on it (i.e. forking loads of processes, building large
> software packages, starting remote xclients, etc) the kernel panics.

That sounds really bad. Actually, I wanted to use my Sun Ultra10 as a
"production server" (at home only, but as a server) running NetBSD 2.0.

Would NetBSD 1.6.2 in your opinion be the better choice? I missed the
powerd-functionality in 1.6.2 (especially the possibility to shut down
the system by just pressing one key), that was the reason for me to
upgrade to 2.0-RC1 at the moment.

Is there any possibility to shut down a 1.6.2 by just pressing one key?

Michael