Subject: Bootable CD-ROM HowTo Question
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/18/2004 06:05:53
I just made a CD-ROM from the 07/15 sparc64 -current snapshot on
releng.* (the last one).  Every time I boot it on U10, I get a "Short
Read" error.  Only the cdrom:f partition is showing some life, the rest
are "The file loaded does not appear to be executable...".

So:

1) With regard to instructions on fetching boot.fs{,.gz}, should the
file be gunzip(1)'d or not before i run sunbootcd.sh ?  The reason I ask
is because the FAQ is a bit ambiguous (it doesn't explicitly say to
gunzip, but it's inferred by the example command), and because
sunbootcd.sh will not error if you pass it the .gz

2) Are there any LE/BE/any-endian issues here? I'm making my ISO on an
i386 machine, as well as the sunlabel(8)'ing it.

How do I enable verbose debugging on the U10's OPF?  I know I can "cd"
into the cdrom dev and "words", but I forget all that.

...Or is there some way to do sanity checking on the ISO image?

~Brian