Subject: NetBSD/sparc64 + 3ware - has it been done?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: mrl <vlack-lists@vlack.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/10/2004 02:16:09
I would like the ability to attach multiple ATA disks to my system. I
have both a 5800 and 6800 (older) IDE RAId cards from 3ware. All I want
to do is access the drives directly; I don't want to mess with hardware
RAID. The system is a Sun Ultra AXe mobo (sold to OEMs).

NetBSD sees a twe0 and my ld[0-2] (and reports drive geometry correctly
AFAICT), according to dmesg. However, there are no /dev entries (no
/dev/(r)ld?, not even /dev/twe0). 'cd /dev;./MAKEDEV all' does *not*
make the entries I need. I believe that I have seen this while searching
the archives, but I can't seem to find it again. There was no solution
posted that I found.

Does anyone have experience with this? 3ware cards are on the list of
arch-inddependent PCI devices, and according to someone else I know,
3ware cards work under linux in Ultra 5 (and surely other sparc64)
machines.