Subject: booting failure during install attempt on an ultra 10
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <michael@schmong.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/26/2004 15:04:37
Hi, I get the following message when I try either a cd install,
or booting from a HD I installed NetBSD 1.6.2 on by hand.

"The file just loaded does not appear to be executable."

This is an UltraSPARCIIi
OpenBoot 3.5
I did a printenv, and everything was default execpt the one thing I
changed myself.
security mode none.

I was going to attempt a netboot but I suspect that since the other two
methods failed this would fail as well. So here are some questions I
have.
(1) should I attempt the netboot anyway?
(2) should I try and figure out what's been going wrong and solve it?

If I try and do a CD boot, what is a good course of action?
I have been operating from the install notes.

Thank you for your time.

                            Michael Litchard