Subject: Re: Stop-A with a dumb terminal?
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/08/2004 16:35:56
On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:14:16PM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:08:59 -0400 (EDT), Vicky Staubly <vicky@steeds.com>wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to send a BREAK. There is a menu entry to do that with
>>> Hyperterminal, IIRC.
>>
>> On my XP PC at work, I don't see such a menu item. According to this
>> web page ( http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/701/61.html ) ctrl-break
>> should work (where the "break" key may also have "pause" written on it.
>> The web page also lists how to generate a break using other terminal
>> software.
>
> Any special terminal setting I should use? I'm always just using vt100.

vt100 is fine on the terminal side.

If you ever install Solaris (oh, the humanity) on this box, and are
going to continue to use the serial console, then you'll want to change
the term-type of the console from 'sun' to 'vt100' by editing the 'co'
entry in /etc/inittab and HUP-ing init.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org