Subject: Re: floppy drive on U1
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/04/2004 20:26:51
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:08:09PM +0200, Richard Braun wrote:

> All hardware related to floppy on most UltraSPARCs and on Ultra1 in
> particular is buggy. Don't even try to use it :-p.

tried, can't even use it at all since it's looking in dev/sun for fd.c which
doesn't exist there. ;)

seriously though, what is buggy about it, and what needs to be done to make it
not buggy?  i've got one here, i'm willing to do what work needs to be done to
make it function correctly, as that is something that would be incredibly
useful to me.  i *really* need to make NetBSD/i386 boot floppies and the floppy
drive on my g/f's laptop just took a crap leaving me with two floppies that i
cannot use (not supported under sparc64 or macppc, whee!!)

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the