Subject: Re: Re: Re: RASTERCONSOLE still broken (for 1.6.2 and -current)?
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/04/2004 15:06:55
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:35:58AM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> Great, thanks a lot !
> I did compile the kernel the mach64fb and went OK (at least the compile ;)
> I didn't have much time last time to dig more but the symptoms are those:
>
> -> text is pink on white (I used the "smaller" font)
> -> I can't input anything with the keyboard any more ;(

Ah, yes, U5/U10 issues.

The machfb driver only works w/wscons.

wscons can only really deal with PC keyboard controllers.

U5/U10s have keyboards attached to NS16550 (com) UARTs.

Hence you can get output to work through wscons, or input
to work through the sunkb tty line discipline, but not both.

You can try adding a USB controller and a USB keyboard for the
console if you want to get both input and output working.  This
requires changing your kernel config file to remove all of the
other standard sun console devices since they are completely
incompatible w/wscons.  But then I have no idea what might
happen if you try to break into the OBP.

Eduardo