Subject: Re: list of supported models
To: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/27/2004 10:59:56
Did the kernel mark the USB keyboard as "console" at boot time?

I have a strange little i386 box called an "AMD EasyNow! PC" which
uses USB for everything - it was an effort at being "legacy free";
when I was trying to debug problems from ddb, I had to explicitly
disable the pckbc driver to make sure that the kernel didn't grab
that as console (the device is there on the internal ISA bus inside
the SiS 960 super south bridge chip, but it's not wired up to
anything). Once I did that, our USB support mostly worked with ddb
(occasionally it would go nuts from getting an interrupt in polled
mode, but ...).

	Erik <fair@netbsd.org>