Subject: Serial console on a Netra T1 105
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/12/2004 20:06:08
	I'm trying to hook up a serial console to a Netra T1 105 without
	much luck.  I'm wondering if there is any special magic, or if
	I just have the wrong pins connected in my RJ45 to DB25 shell..

	I have an existing cat5 cable with crossover and straight through
	shells at either end which I can use to setup a serial console
	for an Ultra1 to spiderport (two thru' shells), or between two
	sparc boxes (one thru' shell and one crossover shell).

	Using the crossover shell and plugging the cat5 directly into
	the T1 allows me to see the lom messages and bootup messages,
	but not to send a break or anything else to the T1.

--
			   David Brownlee -- abs@absd.org