Subject: Corrupted stuff?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/12/2004 14:27:58
I'm continually getting these on my console (stock 1.6.1 on an ultra5):

trap: textfault at 416c0580!! sending SIGILL due to trap 16: illegal
instruction

They stream along quite nicely.

In trying to isolate down what the difference/issue might be, I unpacked the
install sets into /tmp (mfs) and then proceeded to do a sum and compare the
file in the sets to what's out on disk.  I get lots of things being
different.

Does the install process or pax do anything funky with the files as they're
written to disk?  The file sizes are the same, but the checksums differ for
most/many of the files.  The harddrive was new when I started.

Should the checksums be the same between the running and sets?

Thanks,

peter