Subject: Re: Watchdog Reset
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/06/2004 12:53:49
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 01:25:00AM -0800, Andrey Petrov wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:11:18PM +0100, Jaka Jejcic wrote:
> > I successfully installed 1.6.1-release on my Ultra 1.
> > Now I'm trying to convince it to run current. But I'm having some
> > trouble even booting the current miniroot.fs.
> > It starts booting:
> >
> > ..>>NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.6
> > and so on...
> >
> > and starts loading kernel.
> > But then it fails with:
> >
> > Watchdog Reset
> > Externally Initiated Reset
> >
> > and I'm back to 'ok' prompt.
> > I was getting the same problems with INSTALL kernel booted
> > from already functional bsd partition with 1.6.1 installed.
> > Where is the catch?
> >

> Well, that's way to little information, ideally complete dmesg
> would be the most helpful, you'll need serial console for that,
> otherwise what was the last several lines of it? is that 32 or 64 bit
> kernel? How do you build it, with what compiler?
> Also try to boot with -V flag and collect dmesg.
>
> In any case try ofw command (after 'ok' prompt):
> .trap-registers
>
> it will give you pc and you can find a place in kernel where
> that thing happened.

I can't give you the dmesg because there isn't any. Kernel is not fully
loaded when it happens. Kernel is (at least I think so, where do you
check for sure?) 64 bit. The whole release was cross compiled on
NetBSD/i386 (Except for X11 which I just can't build using build.sh)
I'll send more info when (and if) I get any.

jj