Subject: compiling Kaffe on Sparc64
To: Port-Sparc64@Netbsd. Org <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Zich <ads@lazernet.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/05/2003 20:54:04
Hi everybody.

I am still trying to get Java to work on my Ultra5. I figured out that there
is a Kaffe implementation for sparc in version 1.0.7 or something.
Pkgsrc includes the source code for version 1.1.0. The help says it can be
compiled on sparc, but I don't see any reasons why it should not compile on
sparc64. So I patched the Makefile to allow compilation on sparc64 and it
works without any problems.

But the tests don't work. The kaffe-bin always ends in a core dump. Did
anybody get Kaffe to work on sparc64 already?

By the way, the sparc binary also ends in a core dump on my Ultra5, so I
don't think it is a sparc64 specific problem.

Thanks for any help,
  Alex