Subject: Re: problems booting NetBSD 1.6X on a sunfirev120
To: Ricardo Nascimento Ferreira <ricardo.ferreira@planalto.gov.br>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/23/2003 18:48:26
On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 03:20:02PM -0300, Ricardo Nascimento Ferreira wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>   i'm having problemas booting netbsd 1.6x (snapshot from August 29, 2003)
> on a sunfire v120 ultrasparc 2e cpu. I have tried netbsd 1.6.1 before , but
> i couldnt boot either. Only OpenBSD , disabling pciide driver , and FreeBSD 5.x
> worked in these machines. I have many of them running OpenBSD and FreeBSD and
> i'd like to work with NetBSD. Linux didnt boot on those machines.
> The Suns's output is below. May Someone help me install netbsd on these machines ?
> I think compiling a bootdisk without the pciide support driver may solve the problem. So,
> how could i crosscompile netbsd miniroot.fs with my modifications ?

First of all, if you could post firmware configuration (prtconf -pv)
that would help to detect the problem.

I can certainly build such kernel, I don't remember from the top of
my head how to compile miniroot(I don't use it), but if you look
at release target in the upmost Makefile, you'll find it. To cross-compile
anything you need to use make wrapper instead of make:
$TOOLSDIR/bin/nbmake-sparc64

And do you have scsi disks?

Regards,
	Andrey