Subject: Re: netBSD 1.6.1 on a SPARC E3000 ?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jakob Strebel <mail@teamstrebel.ch>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/19/2003 21:15:13
Eduardo, Chuck,
thank your response and recommendations.

> > It would be interesting to see ofw configuration (prtconf -pv on
> > solaris). I don't know what it is and how important to support 'central' or
> > 'fhc' to get system running, I'd guess that custom kernel might work.

I have now two options. Either install Solaris or install freeBSD.
I have no problem to do the two it just takes some time.

What I can deliver immediately is are, the startup messages of Debian Sparc
Linux and Aurora Linux which is based on Redhat 7.3 with a 2.4.20 kernel.

I would be happy to get your advices.

Best regards
jakob