Subject: Ultra 1 parallel port lpt0, bpp0, none working, why?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/31/2003 14:50:40
Hello list,

  Hopefully someone can give me a bit of advice or input on this; I have
  an "old" Ultrasparc 1 workstation running NetBSD 1.6.1 smoothly. The
  only problem I wasn't able to figure out was how to get any of the
  parallel ports working to recognize a connected printer (a quite new
  HP LaserJet 3300, but that shouldn't matter, should it?). CUPS is what
  I'd like to use and it compiled without any problems (with the needed
  dependencies etc etc).

  As for kernel configuration:
  I used the GENERIC and GENERIC32 kernel config files, renaming them to
  HOSTNAME and HOSTNAME32, modifying the "include GENERIC32" line to
  HOSTNAME32 and adding support for IPFilter. Other than that I haven't
  changed anything in the kernel as it seems to have support for lpt and
  bpp enabled by default in the config files.

  So what is it I need to do to get the parallel port(s) (lpt, bpp) working?
  Have I forgotten anything?

  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos | "A cynic is a man who knows the price of
	ant@overclockers.at   | everything, and the value of nothing."