Subject: Re: Happy Meal in full duplex
To: Raymond <Raymondv@gmx.de>
From: Frank Cusack <fcusack@fcusack.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/17/2003 01:34:27
On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:58:18PM +0200, Raymond wrote:
> Yes, my switch support 100mbit full duplex but its not manageable. The
> lamp for full duplex is not flashing.
> With debian 3.0r1 there are support for full duplex with the hme
> interface.

So, I know this is an old message and it looks like you fixed it, but
I just wanted to add a point.  If you have an unmanaged switch, you
cannot set the duplex manually on the host.  If one side is auto (your
switch) and the other side is manual, the manual side must always be
set to half-duplex.  This is a deficiency of 100bt autonegotation.
10/100 detection will still work, but really you are best with auto
on both sides.

If debian works it's actually doing an autonegotation.

/fc