Subject: RAIDframe auto root
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@planet-barclay.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/14/2003 14:28:06
Hi all

I've been investigating further why my RAID root autoconfiguration
doesn't work when booting.

I can see in the i386 port that if boot_device is non-null in the
cpu_rootconf()  (actually findroot() for i386) then it will assume that
it is already set, which is what RAIDframe does for autoroot.

On sparc64 we don't pay any attention that I can see if this has already
been set so it looks like the value is set correctly by RAIDframe and
then overwritten by cpu_rootconf based on what the prom code gave us.

I'm running 1.6.1 but would assume that this is still an issue in current.

Am I completely off base here or did we miss something?

Thanks

Alex.