Subject: Re: Happy Meal in full duplex
To: Raymond <Raymondv@gmx.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/03/2003 17:55:32
On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:58:18PM +0200, Raymond wrote:
> Yes, my switch support 100mbit full duplex but its not manageable. The
> lamp for full duplex is not flashing.

So it's even worse: the hme uses full duplex mode, while the switch does
use half duplex.

Now there are two things you can try: first, that snapshot is a bit dated now
and a fix for broken nway autonegotiation on some revisions of the hme chipset
might not be in it (I don't remember the exact date it went in). You could
try a newer kernel.

The easiest thing to try is: force full-duplex and then drop back to
autonegotiation after say 2 seconds. Manually you do this by

ifconfig hme0 media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
(wait a few seconds)
ifconfig hme0 media 100baseTX mediaopt auto

If this works for you, you can automate this via /etc/ifconfig.hme0 (or just
use a newer kernel).

Martin