Subject: Re: Bulk build questions
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: leam <leam@reuel.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/01/2003 08:09:48
Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 01:07:47PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
>
>>>/usr has a touch over 3G left.
>>
>>that's most likely not enough even for distfiles.
>

> Yeah, that will not be enough.
>
> Does the bulk build fetch everything in advance? Does it clean in-between?
>
> If it fetches on-demand it might be ok for as far as he'll get ;-} (the
> mission is to spot things broken on sparc64 and I guess there will be quite a
> few)
>
> I just looked at a random pkgsrc distfile directory I had lying around and
> it's ~1GB - but I did not do a bulk build.
>
> leam, can you use NFS and some space on another machine perhaps?
>
> Martin

Should be able to. The local fileserver (an older linux box) has about
~50G of space useable. It will need a kernel upgrade at some point in
time, but we'll see if NFS works.

Hmm... getting "rpc_bind to nfs on server". Both boxes I tried are
linux, one is older (RH 6.1) and one is newer (SuSE 8.0). Have been
needing to upgrade their kernels anyway. Guess that's next on the adgenda!

ciao!

leam

p.s. Sunday morning before church: Wife is with the local youth group,
left over pizza for breakfast, and working on -current. Does life get
better?  :)