Subject: Re: Front panel power button
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/21/2003 19:52:23
Thus spake Jason Thorpe ("JT> ") sometime Today...

JT> The front-panel power button powers off the machine, period.  It's
JT> quite nice for the OS to try and do something graceful in this case.

Yeh, I was unclear as to which power button we were discussing.

JT> In NetBSD, the keyboard power button currently does nothing.  I forget
JT> what the default behavior in Solaris for the keyboard power button is.

Solaris seems wont to do an init 5.

JT> I would say that the keyboard power button should continue to *default*
JT> to doing nothing, unless some wsconsctl option is set for it to do
JT> something.

Agreed.  's too easy to hit the blasted thing offhandedly.

[Shift-meta-control-alt-power might be a good something to map, though]

JT>          -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: making all computer hardware a commodity.