Subject: Re: SPARCengine Ultra AXi bogus power failure
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Matthew Prazak <prazak@isg-scra.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/12/2003 11:05:15
John Nemeth writes:
 > On Jul 22,  8:40am, Francis Devereux wrote:
 > } I'm not sure.  The board has 'MB-ULTRAII i19 MADE IN TAIWAN' printed on it
 > } on the edge near the PCI slots.  It seems to be laid out like the
 > } diagrams in
 >
 > This pretty much cements it.  A real Ultra 2 has 4 Sbus slots and
 > 1 UPA slot.  Sun didn't start using PCI slots until the Ultra 5.
 >
 > } the OEM Technical Manual I downloaded from Sun.  There is a chip
 > } in the middle of the board with a Sun logo on it (labelled STP2003QFP).
 >
 > It's probably a design that Sun provided for people to make
 > clones.  However, that doesn't mean the design was implemented
 > correctly.

It is a Sun board for their "Value Added Resellers".  For example,
I have a Rave workstation with a Ultra AXi board in it that currently
runs Solaris 8.  It's generally equivalent to an Ultra 10 workstation
except for two built-in UltraSCSI controllers and an odd-looking UPA
bus connector.

http://www.sun.com/smrc/photos-prod/ppmicroSEUAXI.html has some
pictures of the board.

Matt