Subject: Re: CD-ROM boot
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/08/2003 01:02:08
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 09:18:16AM +1100, grant beattie wrote:

> I was
> able to boot from cdrom:b and install without a problem, however (I
> need to file a PR about this).

What's wrong with cdrom:b ?

> What's the exact problem which is being seen?

None. The infrastructure to create this images has not been working in the
original 1.6 sources. It has been fixed in the meantime (at least in current,
I don't know if it has been pulled up) and a working 1.6 image has been
created. Nevertheless: with using the original 1.6 release sources you will
not be able to cd to src/etc, say "make iso-image" and get a bootable CD.

Martin