Subject: Re: CD-ROM boot
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/07/2003 10:46:15
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 06:37:09PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:

> I heard from several people on (Japanese local) IRC that sparc64 can't
> boot from CD-ROM.  It's likely that many people are believing the
> content of ``Bootable CD ROM How-To''...

I notified the www team about it.

As far as I know it works just fine in -current, just go to src/etc and
run "make iso-image". Since I never tested with the final version that ended
up in the tree, I'll test that right now (and fix, if it needs to be fixed).

But it did not work for the 1.6 release, and I'm not sure about the pullup
status of this, i.e. if it will work in 1.6.1 or not.

Martin