Subject: Re: Bringing up an SS20 on MP
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan@wa8tzg.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/15/2003 16:29:37
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:17:34 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> wrong list, for a SS20 you want port-sparc. port-sparc64 is for
> ultrasparc-based machines

Sigh. I subscribe to _both_ lists and used the wrong one. Sorry!!!!

> There are daily builds (well, every 2 days really, there's too much to
> do for one day :) of current available:
> ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/
> pick the more recent directory with sparc binaries. There may even be
> a prebuild GENERIC.MP kernel.

Thanks!  That info is not intuitively obvious to the casual observer :-)

Well, while I'm here ... what's the status of MP on Sparc64
(specifically on an Ultra 2)?

The U2 (hmmm, sounds like a spook-agency spy plane) is soon to be my
"primary" machine and I'd like to get it off Debian Linux (sid) and on
to *BSD
(preferably NetBSD). Especially given the huge performance increase I've
seen on the Ultra 1 I use as the "back office" machine for my wife's
business after moving it to NetBSD 1.6!

--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG  wmeahan@wa8tzg.org  /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
"Never ascribe to mailce what can be     \ /    No HTML/RTF in email