Subject: crash with 1.6k
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Holger Burde <HBurde@t-online.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/24/2002 15:28:53
Hi;

I use NetBSD 1.6 for some time on my U10 without any serious problmens. Even a Netgear NIC (FA 311) worked
great until upgrading to 1.6k. With 1.6k my u10 crashes reproducable at boot with this message :

configuring network interfaces: sip0panic: iommu_dvmamao_sync: 3 segements
Stopped in pid 68 (ifconfig) at cpu_Debugger+0x4: nop

I know that -current is experimental - any idea at which point this error was introduced so i can upgrade to
the latest 'working' version ?

PS I use NetBSD because it supports a wide range of pci cards on sparc so don't recommed a
   a 650 EUR hme whatever nic for such a poor performer (compared to modern Pcee's) as a U10.

thx in advance
hb