Subject: howto install?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sam Carleton <samcarleton@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/21/2002 10:24:18
Folks,

Professionally I am a M$ Windows programmer. I am not
a UNIX pro, but I have been playing around with UNIX
(Linux, NetBSD/i386, Solaris) for many years now.  I
have been running Solaris 8 on my UltraSPARC 10 and
would like to run NetBSD on the machine.  The first
problem I am running into is figuring out exactly how
to create a bootable CD-Rom.  I have seen this:

Yes. An aging bootable ISO image is available at:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/kernels/cdimage.iso.gz
You can create your own bootable cdrom by following
the NetBSD Bootable CD ROM HOWTO with a few small
modifications. You want to use install/misc/instfs.tgz

I am looking for this "install/misc/instfs.tgz" but
don't know where in the world to find it.  Can someone
give me a bit more info?

Also, I get the impression that what needs to be
modified is that I should be using an uncompressed
version of this install/misc/instfs.tgz rather then
boot.fs, am I correct?

Can anyone help me out with getting up and running?

Sam