Subject: Re: Sun Sbus Token Ring adapter
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/20/2002 13:36:28
> } ie the texas TMS380 (?) chip attached to the DMA+ where you
> } would usually put the AMD lance?
>
>      I believe so.

yes - the info below indicates it might be the same.

>             Register Specifications:
>                 Bus Type=0x0, Address=0xc00000, Size=0x71
>                 Bus Type=0x0, Address=0x0, Size=0x10000
>                 Bus Type=0x0, Address=0x400000, Size=0x4

0xc0000 seems to ring a bell (offset of lance I/F on DMA+)

> 	design is based on the Texas Instruments TMS380 token ring chip
>
> Finally, a visual examination of the card:

components as might be expected...

>      The ISA card I have is made by IBM and it is inside my gateway
> machine at the moment.  I may dig it out later and look at what is on
> it.

I don't think the IBM cards use the TMS380.

> However, any information needed about it, should be in the driver.
The IBM card stuff is probably not particularly relevant.

I do have source (I understand) for a TMS380 driver, however
it is commercial source.  I don't even know who would have to
release it - or whether they could actually find a copy to release!

However I don't (seem to) have the TMS380 book nor the DMA+ book
any more.

FWIW, once you've got the FW loaded the logic of the driver
is relatively simple, just a matter of setting up the TX and RX
ring structures.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk