Subject: Re: Ultra 10 stability.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/19/2002 17:26:42
In message <20021219134350.A6655@flash.vaultron.com>, you write:

->
-> I have an Ultra 10 running -current (GENERIC) that wedges after running
-> for some time, or under load.  There are no kernel messages at all when
-> this happens.

I had problems with my Ultra 5 dying due to a series of nested traps and
eventually a watchdog reset; with serial console I'd see something about
a watchdog reset and then get dumped back to the PROM.  I've since been
running a kernel of ~ 9/21/2002 without any problems; I've meant to do
a bit more debugging, but haven't yet found the time (and am no sparc-
head, so the debugging is all uphill 8-/).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill