Subject: miniroot/sysinst seg fault
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Umang Kumar <umkumar@hotmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/22/2002 13:04:36
Hi
I was trying to install the sparc port on my U60. I dd'd the miniroot.fs and
answered the sysinst questions. At one stage, I guess when it tried using
ifconfig I got this error:
uid 0 comm ifconfig on /: file system is full
/: write failed, file system is full.
Seg fault.

Now I must tell u I was trying to install this on a system that already had
Solaris installed on its only hard drive.
However, I dd'd the miniroot.fs in a quiesced state by a boot -s first (as
advised in the install guide).
Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to get around this.
Thanks
Umang

>From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
>To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
>CC: port-sparc64@netbsd.org
>Subject: re: 1.6 install CD: thanks! Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:15:33 +1000
>
>FWIW, my main server these days is an ultra1/140 running 32 bit kernel:
>
>  7:14PM  up 97 days, 17:04, 19 users, load averages: 0.70, 0.43, 0.27
>
>(19 users seems low.)  certainly, sparc64 port has the ability to be
>very stable :-)
>

>.mrg.

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!