Subject: Re: X11 and pixels in images
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/20/2002 01:28:15
> Heh, so do that for the other libs too ;-)

I'm working on it, but building X takes a while and the first few
build haven't worked. Possibly because I recently installed GCC 3.2. I
have nobbled the X11 config stuff so that it uses cc instead of gcc
which is still gcc 2.95.3 on my system. I'm rebuilding X for the
fourth time.

> Which X are you using?

I'm using 4.2.x.

At the moment I am trying to trace the respective interactions between
XCreateImage, _XPutPixel32 and SendZImage in libXpm and libX11. I am
speculating that libXpm creates images with the client host's byte
order, and that libX11 creates images with the server hosts's byte
order. Image's created with either method appear to have their byte
order correctly identified, and I suspect that SendZImage is
misbehaving. I'll hopefully know more when I get a working libX11
built with debugging symbols.

Cheers,
Lloyd