Subject: X11 and pixels in images
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/19/2002 04:34:03
Has anybody noticed that all pixels in all images are backwards?
Surely somebody else has noticed.

That's not quite true. Images rendered with libXpm work, but that's
only because I sent in a bug report and a patch.

I have an Ultra 10 and so I have to use NetBSD/i386 based PCs as X
terminals. This must be a fairly normal configuration for PCI based
UltraSPARC owners. There is an endian problem that causes images to
come out with a yellow tint (xRGB is mistaken for BGRx and with only
red and green channels, everything looks yellow).

So, has anyone else noticed this, or is my system 'special'? I'm in
the process of rebuilding X now, with a view enabling debugging
symbols and hitting the config over the hard enough to make it build
XSVGA.

Cheers,
Lloyd
p.s. Thanks for the help with the IDE disk. I am now running with a
kernel that permits Ultra66.