Subject: Re: X11 and pixels in images
To: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/18/2002 23:05:04
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Lloyd Parkes wrote:

# Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 04:34:03 +0000
# From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
# To: port-sparc64@netbsd.org
# Subject: X11 and pixels in images
#
# Has anybody noticed that all pixels in all images are backwards?
# Surely somebody else has noticed.
#
# That's not quite true. Images rendered with libXpm work, but that's
# only because I sent in a bug report and a patch.

I have something similar if I serve to my wintel box (running exceed) from
my SS5.  RGB gets interpreted (for some reason) as BGR unless,
as you note, they're xpixmaps.

# I have an Ultra 10 and so I have to use NetBSD/i386 based PCs as X
# terminals. This must be a fairly normal configuration for PCI based
# UltraSPARC owners. There is an endian problem that causes images to
# come out with a yellow tint (xRGB is mistaken for BGRx and with only
# red and green channels, everything looks yellow).

Funnily enough, I don't get this problem with my SS5, but I have had it
happen.

ULTRALinux/sparc would behave the same way natively, I might add...

# So, has anyone else noticed this, or is my system 'special'? I'm in
# the process of rebuilding X now, with a view enabling debugging
# symbols and hitting the config over the hard enough to make it build
# XSVGA.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: priapic OS