Subject: Re: ISO for sparc64 1.6
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/18/2002 10:42:34
On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 02:00:31AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
  | On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Rick Kelly wrote:
  | > Just wondering when a sparc64 ISO that will boot will be available.
  | > I've got an Ultra 5 that arrived today.
  |
  | Luke Mewburn may have one...

I have built them, after I fixed distrib/cdrom in -current to support
making sparc64 bootable multi-boot CD-ROMs (it was a trivial fix).
I haven't committed a similar trivial fix to etc/etc.sparc64 yet,

It would be better if the person who built the original 1.6 .isos
regenerated sparc64cd.iso and uploaded it (for consistency), and I
understand that that is happening.

It is possible to use a -current distrib/cdrom to build a multiboot
NetBSD 1.6 .isos using a NetBSD 1.6 distribution (i.e, the multiboot
ISO infrastructure is not tied to the release you're making multiboot).

Luke.